Northern Irish Blogs. British Blog Directory Steel Sharks

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Armour Plated Reindeers

Well I've managed to make it home again for 5 days and then I'm off again down south to Portsmouth for another wee stint. Now I admit when I was younger I never had any time for policemen and to be honest even now I think that their time could be better spent catching scum bags who want to kill the innocent by wrapping explosives around their bodies, Pedos and muggers of old ladies but I've just spent just over four weeks doing military law and it was a huge amount to take in. What I'm trying to say is that these guys and girls do know what they are talking about and have to put in a serious amount of time studying to pass out as a copper. "I hope they are reading this and decide to retract the nine points from my licence".

At the moment I am at a turning point in my own career and although I am not going to be a service policeman I have to know certain aspects of a service policeman's job. During the last 4 weeks I have found aspects of their job really interesting, even though I only learned a fraction of what they have to know.

I without a doubt know that my dislike for the police uniform stems from my boy hood and the circumstances surrounding Northern Ireland and my old man. You see when your young your impressionable and I'm sure If men wearing red suits, white beards and riding on a sledge pulled along by reindeers had came to my home in the early hours, kicked my family and I out of bed because they were looking for guns (none ever found), then I would have grown up with a hatred for father christmas, it was'nt so I'm afraid the R.U.C. were in the eyes of a young boy, the "Devils Children". "I will leave the searching for guns for another time".

It's good to get back to blogging cos it seems so long since the last time I submitted anything. I have had a few snags with setting it up and to be honest if I were a patient man I wouldn't have had half the problems. A few of you guys who have taken an interest in what I have had to say actually helped me out and it is very much appreciated I can tell you. I have thanked a few of you personally, or as personal as it gets when half the planet gets to read whats being said, but isn't that a great buzz.

I gotta go for now but I will add a few bits and pieces to the story line before Sunday, take care.

2 Comments:

Blogger katy said...

hey glad your back, i take it you can only post when you have leave? and no sorry dont think you will loose the points on you licence for a few kind words!!

6:26 pm  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Military law can't be worse than civilian law. Nothing can be that bad can it??

Don't suppose military law has any get outs for speed camera's or owt? Not that I get caught on 'em. They just piss me off is all.

welcome back by the way

8:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home